Approachable Colors!



So today i went to do my audition, and the director was wearing a dark brown coat. It gave of a very intimidating vibe. I think that the saturation of jacket gave me an uneasy feeling but after he took it off, revealing his white t-shirt, h suddenly seem more approachable. I think color has a strong effect on our first impressions, no only of people but of things in general. Why does the desaturation of the coat make me feel uneasy? Is it perhaps due to the fact that often desaturated colors are used in dark and depressing imagery, or is it perhaps deeper than that? What if the wavelengths of desaturated colored objects effect out physiological perception of it? It is just a theory. Who know really? Color and human perception are two very mysterious things!

No comments: